Monday, June 11, 2012

Low-Carb Candy Options

Yes, I know this looks like sludge - but that's because it's huge chunks of almonds and French sea salt surrounded by a layer of molten and super dark chocolate. 

I needed a big dose of something special last Friday, and I tried to fulfill this craving in a somewhat responsible but decadent manner.  In my head, I was chanelling a huge bar of Cadbury's Milk Chocolate and Nut candy.  Gosh, in pre-low carb days I could eat one of those things in 3 minutes flat.

In making my own chocolate candy bark, I was able to control the sugar content (very low) and pump up the volume with high-protein and good-for-you almonds.  I also chopped up the remainder and used it to make low-carb and dairy-free ice cream. 

Please visit cupcakecaramel to see the details.

Because sometimes, you just need dessert!

No comments: